Seven Deadly SENS
The SENS Research Foundation facilitates research which addresses the SEVEN DEADLY SENS.
What are these SENS? Funny you should ask.
MORE INFO: SENS Research
- AmyloSENS: Removing junk from between cells. Extracellular junk accumulates
between cells and impairs cell or tissue function.
- LysoSENS: Clearing waste accumulations out of cells. The job of the
lysosome is to "incinerate" cellular garbage, but it doesn't get
- GlycoSENS: Breaking extracellular crosslinks. Crosslinks must be
eliminated to regain tissue elasticity, especially in artery walls.
- RepleniSENS: Replacing lost cells. Over time brain, heart, and muscles
can't keep up with cell loss and their function is compromised.
- ApoptoSENS: Removing dysfunctional cells. Some cells become
unable to perform their normal function and must be eliminated.
- OncoSENS: Making cancerous mutations harmless. Abnormal gene
expression increases with age causing cancer and other unhealthy
- MitoSENS: Preventing damage from mitochondrial mutations.
Mitochondria have their own DNA which is more vulnerable to becoming damaged
than DNA in the cell nucleus. When the DNA is damaged, mitochondria lose the
ability to function properly.
Ending Aging by Aubrey De Grey and Michael Rae